Friday, February 19, 2010

BLEACH hoodie







I decorated a navy-blue hoodie with the flaming-skull insignia from the anime Bleach for my nephew's birthday present. Rather than paint the whole design with fabric paint, I first used a Clorox bleach pen (I know...), which lightened the "painted" area to a reddish color. Some spatters of bleach touched areas around the design, but it gave the impression of flying embers (pleasant surprises all around!) After washing and drying the hoodie (NO fabric softener!!), I used a mix of Delta Ceramcoat and Textile Medium to create the Hollow mask and flame highlights. I used a semi-opaque white, so I had to apply a few coats. The instructions require that you should iron the design on the opposite side of the fabric, with a piece of cloth between the area of the design and the iron. The design has to set for at least a week after you finish it before you can wash it, for best results. Here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment