Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cousin Beads project book




I'm very sorry it took me a long time to post a new blog. It's been one crazy winter... A few years ago, one of my friends found a garage sale where a lady was selling her stash of craft supplies and books. I bought two boxes, one stuffed with craft beads and supplies, and the other packed with craft magazines and catalogs. One is a craft-project magazine by CCA (Cousin Corporation of America, http://www.cousin.com/ ). It's pattern book #6750, copyrighted 1994. It has patterns for beaded animals, such as the poodles and pink alligator I made here, as well as retro home decor items such as baskets, ornaments, and even an end table! There's also jewelry and keychain projects. I made the poodles partly because my Grandma had a bead poodle in her home. The beads to make these projects are mostly starflake (paddlewheel) and berry (bubble) beads, strung on thin pipecleaners (chenille).

No comments:

Post a Comment